Thirsty Hair? Look for Glycerin in Your Hair Products
In the dry winter months, hair can get incredibly dull and dehydrated. To restore the lost glory of your hair, the one ingredient you can rely on is—Glycerin. It is an incredible moisturizer that induces visible volume, vigor, and vitality in your hair. Before you consider including it in your routine, here are some things you should know about glycerin.
What is Glycerin?
Glycerin, also known as glycerol, is a popular humectant and hydrator. Its moisturizing properties strengthen the protective barrier to prevent water from leaving the hair and scalp. The result is smooth, elastic, and lustrous hair. Glycerin is not only beneficial for hair wellness, it remarkably improves scalp condition and helps you tackle numerous concerns.
The detailed benefits of glycerin for your hair are:
Benefits of Glycerin
- Replenished Scalp: Most hair issues arise from dryness and dandruff. The itchiness, irritations, and flaky patches you struggle with usually happen because of dry patches on your scalp. Good thing, glycerin has humectant properties that draw in moisture from the atmosphere and carry it into the skin, soothing and refreshing troubled scalp.
- Manage Greasiness: If dryness is a dreadful scalp issue, then greasiness is not any less of an annoying hair problem. Greasiness can occur due to overwashing, intense exercise, humidity, and heat, or you may simply have an oily hair type. Either way, you can very well manage excess greasiness by using glycerin because it provides just enough moisture your skin needs.
- Enhance Resilience: Your hair’s protective layer weakens with a lack of hydration which leads to breakage, split ends, dullness, thinning, and more. Glycerin, an intense moisturizer, can provide your hair with the required water to maintain its defense against environmental elements. You also get what you want i-e silky smooth hair.
- Tame Frizz: Frizzy tresses can ruin your hairstyle and…..your day. But you shouldn't let them because glycerin is one ingredient that can smooth frizz like no other. The same above-mentioned moisturizing properties of glycerin that improved your scalp and hair wellness on many levels will help you control frizz and careless flyaways.
How to Use Glycerin
You can create your own glycerin rinse at home. We have a perfect leave-in treatment for you to give your hair a break from chemically loaded hair sprays. You can use any fragrance you want for this recipe. The whole idea is to get the job done with minimal damage and maximum shine. Our suggestion is Lavender Oil.
To make your rinse, you will need:
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons glycerin
- 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Add these ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well. Spray all over the hair and brush and style as usual.
Hair conditioners are all the rage in hair treatments. This miraculous product saves your day by inducing your hair with visible sheen, body, and luster, leaving them irresistibly smooth. The one conditioner that we highly recommend is Keratin Conditioner. It uses keratin protein (of course, you already know that by name), argan oil, rice protein, soy protein, and glycerin. This ultra-softening formula keeps your hair hydrated and fortified for long hours and makes them manageable.
If DIY is not your thing, don’t worry because Botanic Hearth has your back. To use the moisturizing powers of glycerin in your daily hair routine, try out Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner. The premium formula in this shampoo removes stubborn impurities and dirt buildup, making your strands appear bouncy and full. Meanwhile, the conditioner uses glycerin, keratin, shea butter, and hydrating oils to bring life to lackluster hair.
You May Also Like: Hair Routine To Enhance The Beauty Of Your Hair
To explore our range of hair products with glycerin, visit the Botanic Hearth store to enhance your hair care routine today.