Got Brittle Hair? 3 Hydrating DIY Recipes That Work
Weak and brittle strands are the most distressing of all the hair concerns. By brittle hair, we mean your tresses are thinning, lackluster, give a dull appearance, feel rough, have split ends, and often deal with scalp issues. Ceratin factors such as nutritional deficiencies, excess exposure to the sun, improper hygiene, styling and heating tools, use of unsuitable products, and insufficient moisturization contribute to your hair’s compromised state.
To put your hair on the track to recovery, you need to nurture, hydrate, and condition it with a homemade deep conditioner, aka a hair mask. We will tell you how:
Why Use DIY Hydrating Deep Conditioners?
The concept with homemade deep conditioners is that carefully selected ingredients are combined to tackle hair concerns—like dullness, dryness, frizz, flaky scalp—using simple items readily available in your house—aiming to infuse your hair with extra moisture and volume—leaving them with visible shine and softness. The best part is that you will revive your hair’s lost vitality without spending tons of money and exposing your scalp to harsh chemicals usually found in commercial products.
In the following write-up, you’ll learn.
- 3 Hydrating DIY Recipes That Improve Hair Resilience
- How to Make A Deep Conditioner At Home
1. Coconut Oil and Honey Mask
Coconut oil is an ultra-moisturizer that replenishes parched and heat-damaged strands, improving their overall body and texture. This carrier oil gives you bright and smooth locks with softening and fortifying powers of essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants. Honey, the natural emollient and humectant, provides the hair with extra bounce and vibrancy. This DIY deep conditioner is excellent to tame unruly, flyaway, and dull hair.
- Take a small bowl and add honey and melted virgin coconut oil. Make sure both ingredients are equal, i-e, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of honey. The amount of both items should cover your entire hair length.
- Apply the mixture to your hair from roots to tips.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with your regular shampoo and apply conditioner as usual.
2. Egg, Olive Oil, and Mayonnaise Mask
This protein-packed hair mask is for the hair that rises at the first hint of humidity. It tames frizz, seals in moisture, provides a coat of protection against environmental elements, and makes your hair more manageable and polished. The vitamins A, E, and biotin from eggs keep your hair follicles strong and thick. Antioxidants, hydration, and the intense soothing impact of olive oil boosts hair resilience and shine. Whereas mayonnaise nourishes and conditions the hair shaft inside out. This trio gives a lift and dreamy luster to severely dry hair.
- Add 1 cup of mayonnaise, three eggs, and ½ cup of oil into a small bowl.
- Mix well and apply it to your entire hair length.
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.
3. Banana, Yogurt, and Honey Mask
With nutrient-rich bananas, proteins filled yogurt, and the shine-boosting ability of honey, this hydrating mask soothes a troubled scalp and quenches the thirst for dry and dehydrated hair. It even helps with scalp itchiness and irritations, leaving it feeling refreshed and renewed for better penetration of other products. Plus, yogurt has lactic acid that removes dead cells and strengthens the follicles for silkier and smoother strands.
- Combine two tablespoons of yogurt, one tablespoon of honey, and one mashed banana in a small bowl.
- Mix the ingredients and apply it all over to freshly cleansed, damp hair.
- Tie your hair in a bun and wear a shower cap.
- Let the mixture absorb for 20-30 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.
Try out these homemade masks once a week especially this memorial day and you will notice your hair’s shine and softness are finally back after a good pampering session during the holiday. If you prefer a well-proportioned and responsibility-made hair mask by the experts, you are at the right place.
We at Botanic Hearth are committed to formulating safe, authentic, and gentle personal care products combining pure and beneficial ingredients. With our hair and skincare collections, you dont need to worry about artificial dyes, fragrances, and irritants.Check out our shop to explore nature-approved products customized just for you.