Jan 10 , 2020
Acne is a common skin problem that can happen to people of all ages, especially teenagers. It is aesthetically displeasing, psychologically distressing, and affects one's self-esteem. Acne develops when the hair follicles attached to the sebaceous glands become plugged with bacteria, excess oils, and dead skin cells. It causes inflammation to the pores and a break to the opening of the hair follicle wall. The lesion (pimple) is usually small if the rupture occurs near the skin's surface. A more severe lesion develops if there is a deep break in the follicle wall.
The skin produces collagen to heal the wound on the skin's surface. Acne scars develop when the skin produces excess collagen on the spot where acne-caused inflammation has occurred to heal the wound. The wound leaves blemishes and scars on the spot, and in the repairing process, the skin does not look smooth and flawless. The scarring is more apparent and severe in the case of deep breakouts. The scarring can also occur if you touch or squeeze the inflamed spots. There are many viable natural remedies that help fade the appearance of acne scars, which are discussed below:
Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer that has abundant healing properties. It enhances the skin's and scalp's health and soothes itchy, irritated, and dry skin. Coconut oil naturally has fatty acids that penetrate the skin and maintain its elasticity by providing hydration. Coconut oil is known to be potent to help fade the appearance of acne scars because it has lauric acid. Lauric acid has the potential to fight the bacteria, which causes acne. Coconut oil also has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. It calms inflamed skin, cleanses off the toxins, and provides a protective barrier to the skin's surface against environmental toxins. Therefore, it is beneficial for the skin's health and supports the appearance of brighter, smoother, and glowing skin.How to Use:
- Add 5-7 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Create an oil blend by mixing the oil
- Take a small amount of the blend onto your fingertips
- Massage it gently onto the acne-affected spots
- Leave it to dry and then wash it with lukewarm water
- You can do this procedure at nighttime before bedtime.
- Coconut oil is safe for topical application. It is not recommended for people with the oily skin condition.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is replete with therapeutic properties that improve the skin's health. It naturally contains Terpinen-4-ol component in its structure that helps fade the appearance of acne scars. Terpinen-4-ol has strong anti-bacterial properties that help combat acne-causing bacteria on the skin and prevents it from future breakouts. Tea tree oil promotes wound healing and cleanses the skin to help restore its complexion. It is also known for soothing inflammation, redness, and irritation on the skin.How to Use:
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or jojoba carrier oil
- Create an oil blend by mixing these oils thoroughly
- Apply the oil blend onto the acne-affected spots
- Leave it on the skin for 20-30 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- You can repeat this procedure once daily
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is among the most popular natural remedies for promoting skin's health. It is an incredible source of hydration and nourishment for the skin that also helps fade the appearance of acne scars. This natural wonder has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial characteristics that aid in boosting the skin's health. It helps fade the appearance of blemishes and discoloration because of its powerful antioxidant potential.
Furthermore, it promotes wound healing and helps repair scared areas on the skin. It boosts collagen production and helps maintain skin's suppleness. Aloe vera gel is also potent in soothing inflamed skin and helps tighten large pores to prevent the skin from breakouts.How to Use:
- Take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of pure honey
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly
- Apply the mixture onto your face
- Leave it to dry for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry with a dry cloth
- You can repeat this procedure once daily