A Shower Hack for Soft, Hydrated Skin
There is nothing more therapeutic than a morning shower….or…evening bath….or standing under running water any time of the day. It is a quick and simple way to unwind and relax your mind, body, and skin unless—you have dry skin. Then the flaky patches, itchiness, and irritations you get after a shower can be torture. Your skin gets tight, the wounds from itching leave scars, and not to mention the feel is rough and uneven. That’s when you wish for a hack that gives you soft, hydrated, and glowing skin after the shower.
Look no more because we have found just how to help you save from dryness, itchiness, and irritations after the shower with an easy hack. Here you go:
- Start With Dry Brushing: Dry brushing your skin every once in a while is beneficial for your skin wellness in many ways. It improves lymphatic drainage, removes dead cells, increases cell turnover, and promotes a smooth and soft texture. Your skin may get a bit red at first, but you will notice a radiant and rosy glow after the shower.
- Avoid Hot Water: When the hot water flows through your tired muscles, relieving the pain and removing impurities from your skin, the feeling is relaxing and soothing. But what you dont know is that hot water is stripping natural oils, proteins, and essential lipids off your skin’s outer layer, making it prone to extreme dryness. Therefore, you may have to limit your hot water use to protect your skin.
- Use A Suitable Body Wash: You would never apply any unsuitable soap or liquid wash to your face because you know you will have to deal with the consequences if you do. Then how do you think your body’s skin will not get irritated with a random soap you picked up without much consideration? A body wash made for your skin type helps avoid discomforts, concerns, and sensitivity. We recommend you use Tea Tree Body Wash with Mint, which boosts hydration, soothes irritations, and keeps your skin feeling supple, smooth, and young. It has a series of moisturizing oils, gentle exfoliators, and mild cleansers to preserve your skin’s natural softness while drawing out dirt buildup and impurities.
- Apply A Body Oil Before Shower: You may be slathering your skin with lotions, moisturizers, or oils after the shower, but once the creams absorb, you still have dryness and flaky patches. Because no matter how much moisturizer you apply, it does not make up for the loss of natural oils that occur during the hot showers you take during winter. Therefore, estheticians have come up with a shower hack, and they swear by it. They suggest you apply a body oil before the shower to provide a protective barrier to the skin, preventing excessive dryness and maintaining its vitality. This hack helps keep your skin feeling relaxed, refreshed, and moisturized for a long time. Even if you prefer to take long, hot showers, your skin will still remain soft and hydrated.
- Massage With Oils: Massaging your body with oil will offer you numerous benefits. You can improve the look of skin, comfort sore muscles, ease joint stiffness, and give your body a rejuvenating massage experience. With that said, we suggest you use an excellent massage oil by Botanic Hearth: Cellulite Massage Oil. It has a unique blend of oils that visibly tones and firms the skin, leaving it feeling silky smooth and moisturized. This aromatherapy oil promotes a clear and fresh-looking complexion and reduces the appearance of cellulite. Besides that, you will love the delightful scent of essential oils in this massage oil that soothe the senses and spirit. Also nice, no paraben, sulfates, or artificial fragrances have been added to this formula. It suits all skin types.