Essential oils continue to amaze us with their versatility. These unique botanical extracts can be used to enhance the beauty and resilience of your hair any day.
Have you been looking for reliable hair care products that have long-lasting effects? Well, we have compiled six amazing DIY essential oil recipes that can become a rock-solid part of your hair care routine this summer. Let's dive in.
7 Incredible DIY Essential Oil Recipes for your Hair
1 - DIY Dry Hair Spray
Dry hair is never easy to handle. Many people tend to overlook dry hair, which can later lead to brittle and damaged strands. We have the perfect recipe for a DIY essential oil hair spray that you can use daily. This hair spritz treatment can add moisture to your hair without giving them a greasy look.
The essential oils in the recipe give it a refreshing aroma and nurturing benefits like never before. This can be your go-to summer DIY essential oil recipe for you. You can also be more specific and add your favorite cooling essential oils for a summer-friendly experience.
Here's the recipe
- 1 cup boiled water
- 8 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 8 drops Lemon essential oil
- 8 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 8 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 teaspoon Jojoba oil
- Start by adding all your ingredients to the spray bottle of your choice
- Shake well before spraying over wet hair, avoiding the roots
- You can also pour into your hands and rub over your hair
After styling, you can also apply this spray to add the necessary moisture to your hair, giving it a radiant glow and nutrients.
2 - Lavender Treatment
Lavender oil is an all-time favorite for all essential oil lovers due to its floral scent that brings a genuine freshness.
However, this essential oil not only smells good but also can have multiple benefits for your skin and hair.
Here, we have a fantastic recipe for a refreshing lavender effect and a nurturing treatment for your hair.
- 10 drops lavender Oil
- 3 tablespoons melted Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons conditioner of your choice
- Melt three tablespoons of coconut oil in a container
- Now add ten drops of lavender oil to the melted coconut oil and mix thoroughly
- Finally, add this oil mixture to your favorite conditioner and apply it to your hair
- Let the mixture enrich your hair for 30 mins
- Later, rinse thoroughly with water and dry your hair to reveal smooth, soft hair after every use
This recipe is an excellent hack for a date night or an effective way to get better-looking hair ready for a party. This can be the best short notice at-home hair treatment for you.
3 - Hot Oil Treatment
Your hair can lose its beauty because of the constant turmoil of adverse environmental conditions and styling techniques. A good hot oil treatment deeply nurtures your scalp and hair, providing them with all essential elements to keep them strong and resilient!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 2 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Take about 2 cups of water in a pan and boil it
- Now pour the water into a large glass bowl
- Mix olive oil and jojoba oil in a small container
- Place the container in the bowl of hot water for 5-10 minutes until the oil is warm
- Keep checking the oil for it to be at the right temperature that is just lukewarm
- Be careful not to overheat the oil, which can burn you
- Add essential oils to the mix
- Apply this to hair through and massage into the scalp
- Wrap your hair in a towel and leave for at least 30 mins
- Wash hair extra thoroughly to get all the oil out —Viola! You will have thoroughly moisturized and soft hair
4 - Deep Conditioning Treatment
Why not give your hair a spa-worthy treatment once in a while. Well, our deep conditioning essential oil treatment might do the trick.
Here's a DIY essential oil recipe for an exciting spa hair treatment at home.
- 30 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 30 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 30 drops of Clary Sage essential oil
- 3 ounces of Grapeseed oil
- Take 3 ounces of grapeseed oil in a glass bottle
- Add all the other essential oils in the bottles later
- Shake the bottle well and apply to your hair from roots to tips
- Leave it in for the night, and rinse in the morning to reveal smooth and silky strands
- Repeat at least twice a week for visible and long-lasting results
5 - Vinegar and Essential Oil Rinse
Why not make a DIY rinse that will last you throughout the month? This fantastic DIY essential oil recipe will give you radiant and visibly thick hair with consistent use.
- 1/4-1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- 3 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 2 drops Clove bud essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- Mix all ingredients
- Add to your favorite spray bottle
- Spray the mixture all over your hair, especially on the roots
- Massage into the scalp thoroughly and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes
- Firstly rinse with plain water, then shampoo and condition the hair regularly
This rinse cleanses your hair and leaves you feeling refreshed. Use this mix at least once a week for a long-lasting effect.
6 - Secret Hair Mask
We have the best secret hair conditioner recipe for you. This hair mask will not only deeply condition the hair but will leave your hair feeling overwhelmed with its nurturing ability.
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil
- 4 drops Clary Sage essential oil
- Plain water
- Melt coconut oil over a double boiler
- Add clary sage oil to the melted coconut oil
- Mix the ingredients
- Let it cool and slightly thicken
- Dampen your hair with water
- Now apply the thickened mask into the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Let the mask sit for 30–60 minutes before rinsing
Enjoy the thorough effects of this incredible mask any day.
7 - Lemon Splash
This is one of the most interesting fruity essential oil recipes for a refreshing start to your hair care routine.
- 2 drops lemon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with 2 drops of lemon oil
- Now mix with the olive oil for your hair length
- Apply the mixture in a circular motion to your scalp, and then apply it to the ends.
- Keep it overnight and wash in the morning with your regular shampoo
All these DIY recipes are like the holy grail of hair care related to essential oils. We have a wide range of essential oils-related products you can swap with the ones mentioned above. Visit our store to explore the extended range and become a vital oil product guru of your age!